WEBSITE DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Staplehurst Free Church (SFC) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Staplehurst Free Church respects your privacy and complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Staplehurst Free Church uses your personal data collected via it’s website for the following purposes: –
• To respond to queries or questions raised through either our website’s online form or if you phone, email or write to the church using the contact details provided on the website
• To register you (or your interest) for events at your request
• To enable us to see how our website is used so that we can improve the design and content of our website
4. What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Staplehurst Free church uses a number of different lawful basis (reasons) for using your personal data
• Consent As clearly explained on the website’s “Contact Us” screen by pressing the “Send Message” button you are giving the church consent to hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to respond to your message.
• Legitimate interest of the church. We will process your information when it is on our legitimate interest to do so and when these interests do not override your rights. We collect information about all of our website visitors using Statcounter, to enable us to see how our website is used, so that we can improve the design and content of our website. This information is not personally identifiable i.e. it is anonymised
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal contact data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other Staplehurst Free Church members or regular church attendees if necessary for responding appropriately to your message. We will only share your personal contact data with third parties outside of the church with your consent unless required to do so by law.
Statcounter is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because a better understanding of how visitors are interacting with our website can help us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
• Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
• IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
• Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
• Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
• Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal contact details for as long as necessary to respond appropriately to your message and deal with any follow-up required as a result of it.
When we no longer need your personal contact details we will delete them.
The information collected by Statcounter is typically held for between two and four weeks before being automatically deleted.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Staplehurst Free Church holds about you;
• The right to request that Staplehurst Free Church corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Staplehurst Free Church to retain such data unless there is a legal requirement for Staplehurst Free Church to retain the data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics] • The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Links to other websites
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance please contact the Church Administrator at Staplehurst Free Church, Station Road, Staplehurst, Kent TN12 0QQ or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org who will endeavour to resolve your concern.
You may also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.